Please read this carefully before filling in the Registration form (for your registration at the Conference and booking your room at the hotel in Seward)
REGISTRATION AND FEES
- Regular registration rate (after June 1, 2011) is $325. Regular student registration rate (after June 1, 2011) is $180.
- For student rate, students will be asked to present their current student ID when they register at the conference venue.
- Registration closes on Wednesday, September 1, 2011.
- The registration fee includes lunches, coffee breaks, the reception and the banquet, as well as limited local transportation.
- Registration fees will not be refunded for cancellations received after August 1st, 2011. A full refund of conference registration fees will apply for all cancellations made before August 1, 2011.
- There is no single-day registration fee.
- Registration confirmations will be sent by email within 3 weeks of receipt of payment. Be sure to include your email address on the registration form.
- Please submit one (1) registration form per person, type or print your name clearly as you would like it to appear on your name badge.
Student Awards & Travel Scholarships
The application period is closed. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Hilton Anchorage, Anchorage
Windsong Lodge room tax
For the participants who need to overnight in Anchorage, we have secured a special rate at the Hilton Anchorage (http://www.hiltonanchorage.com/)
500 West Third Ave
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Reservations: 1-800-HILTONS (1-800-445-8667)
The Hotel is providing special rates on 9/10/11 & 9/11/11 for a rate of $139.00 + 12% tax and on 9/16/11 for a rate of $99.00 + 12% tax for the Sea Duck Conference. When registering online, please enter the code 'SEA' in the group/convention code to receive the special discounted rate as a conference participant, or ask for the "Sea Duck Conference" when making a reservation by phone. You have to make the registration yourself, it is not included in the Sea Duck conference registration form. Please note that single means one person per room, and double means two persons per room.
Windsong Lodge, Seward
The Windsong Lodge has been chosen as the venue for the conference as well as lodging for participants who will need it. The conference will be held in the Glacier room connected to the Resurrection Restaurant. See map of the Windsong Lodge facilities at www.sewardwindsong.com/seward-lodge.html.
Please book your room at the Windsong Lodge on the Registration Form, after selecting “I need a room”, and the organizing committee will send your request to the Windsong Lodge. You will be responsible for paying for your own room(s) and all corresponding expenses before leaving the hotel. If you do need a room, please select “I do not need a room”. This is important to let us properly organize your stay in Seward. When selecting “single” or “double” in the Registration form, please note that double room means a room for two people, i.e. including two breakfasts in the price. All the rooms are equipped with two queen beds, but the designation “single” entails only one breakfast.
The Windsong Lodge tax is a 3% Borough tax. It can be waived with a copy of your tax exempt number.
Standard and Deluxe Rooms Amenities
All rooms feature a flat screen television, wireless internet access, a full private bath, a DVD player with free DVD movies at the front desk, a hair dryer, a coffee maker, and a telephone.
- Standard Guest Rooms
Spaced nicely throughout the Seward Windsong Lodge property, these rooms have exterior entrances and two queen beds. Decorated with Alaskan style log furniture, the rooms are charming and spacious.
Single occupancy (one breakfast per day): $147 (+3% occupancy tax)
Double occupancy (two breakfasts per day): $ 168 (+3% occupancy tax)
- Deluxe with Private Deck
Featuring a private sitting area on an outdoor deck/balcony, all standard rooms have exterior entrances and two queen beds.
Single occupancy (one breakfast per day): $ 172 (+3% occupancy tax)
Double occupancy (two breakfasts per day): $ 193 (+3% occupancy tax)
In addition to the standard amenities, suites are furnished with a microwave, a mini-fridge, two flat screen televisions, and a spacious private bath with jacuzzi.
- Suite Rooms
Suites offer an open layout with two queen beds and an extra-long twin trundle bed, separated by a half-wall. All suites have exterior entrances.
Single occupancy (one breakfast per day): $ 188 (+3% occupancy tax)
Double occupancy (two breakfasts per day): $ 209 (+3% occupancy tax)
These special rates are offered three days before and after this event (September 9 through September 19, 2011) if space allows.
- Check in time is 3pm. Check out time is 11:00am.
- Children eleven (11) years and under stay free when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Facilities are smoke-free, a $250 fee will be charged if guests smoke in rooms. Guests will be asked to sign the non-smoking policy at time of check.
- Full refund hotel deposits will apply for all cancellations made only before August 1, 2011.
- One night’s hotel accommodation will be charged for cancellation of hotel room after August 1st, 2011.
If you have questions, contact the conference organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Northern Forum Secretariat
716 W 4th Avenue, Suite 100
Anchorage, AK 99501 (USA)
Phone: 1 (907) 561-3280
Fax: 1 (907) 561-6645
Click here to go to the registration form
Hotel registration only
If you have already registered online or by fax, but did not indicate what type of room you need, please use the attached form to let the organizers know what type of room you need, and how many people will be sharing the room (the price of the room includes breakfast, and therefore changes depending on the number of occupants).
Please return the form before September 1st by e-mail or by fax as indicated.